New Albany Dog Park
An off-leash paradise for our four-legged members of the family
Operated by the City of New Albany Parks Department
After many years of planning, the New Albany Dog Park opened in October 2016. Located along Highway 111 at 1935 Budd Road in New Albany, this off-leash dog park features multiple acres of open land for your pooch to run and play. The park also features swings, gazebos, benches, water spigots, wooded areas, a separate agility course, and much more. The park has two large play areas, with dogs separated by weight, so that smaller dogs can have a less intimidating space to run and play in with their friends.
We know that urban living can be stressful for our canine friends at times, and that's why we are excited to have this wonderful, open green space to give your pooch some freedom to stretch those little legs. Did you know that many behavioral problems experienced by dogs are due to a lack of socialization, physical activity, and exercise? By bringing your furry friend down to the New Albany Dog Park, he or she can freely run off-leash, fetch toys, bark with new buddies, or go for a swim in the pond. Even man's best friend needs a little "me" time every once in awhile.
To view a full map of the New Albany Dog Park, please click HERE.
“I like that the park has a place where I can play and run with dogs my own size.”
“My mom works hard every day to keep a roof over my head, so I'm cooped up at home during the day. I love it when she takes me to the park after work so i can get my pent up energy out.”
“Dad knows I love swimming, so he takes me to the park regularly so i can get my laps in and show off my cool shades.”
Getting a membership to the New Albany Dog Park is easy and affordable. We just have a few short steps we need to take to ensure that all of the dogs at our parks are safe and have their vaccinations up to date. Please collect and complete the items below and then bring your completed package to the New Albany Floyd County Animal Shelter or the New Albany Parks and Recreation Main Office at Silver Street Park.*
- A current copy of your animal's Rabies vaccination certification. Distemper, parvo, Bordetella (kennel cough), leptospirosis, and canine influenza vaccinations are strongly recommended, as is flea and heartworm preventative medication.
- A current copy of your City of New Albany dog license.
- If you do not live in New Albany, please bring proof of registration in your county/community of residence.
- If your county/community does not require a license, you must get your dog licensed in the City of New Albany. City of New Albany dog license applications can be downloaded from the New Albany-Floyd County Animal Shelter website, or by clicking HERE.
- Please complete and print the New Albany Dog Park membership application found HERE.
- Please read the rules in place at the New Albany Dog Park HERE.
The cost for a membership is $15 for your first dog, $10 for your second and third dogs, and $5 for each dog after that. All funds from the sale of New Albany Dog Park memberships go towards the dog park's maintenance and improvements costs. Membership costs may be paid in cash or with a credit/debit card.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION DROP-OFF POINTS
**If you are a RETURNING member this year, please turn in your renewal forms to Silver Street Park, not the NAFC Animal Shelter. If you are a NEW member, you can turn in your application and documentation to Silver Street Park or the NAFC Animal Shelter.
New Albany Parks and Recreation
2043 Silver Street
New Albany, IN 47150
New Albany-Floyd County Animal Shelter
215 W. Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150
Saturday, 11am-2:30pm (Closed Sundays)