Getting a membership to the New Albany Dog Park is easy and affordable. We just have a few short steps we need to take to ensure that all of the dogs at our parks are safe and have their vaccinations up to date. Please collect and complete the items below and then bring your completed package to the New Albany Floyd County Animal Shelter or the New Albany Parks and Recreation Main Office at Silver Street Park.*
- A current copy of your animal's Rabies vaccination certification. Distemper, parvo, Bordetella (kennel cough), leptospirosis, and canine influenza vaccinations are strongly recommended, as is flea and heartworm preventative medication.
- A current copy of your City of New Albany dog license.
- If you do not live in New Albany, please bring proof of registration in your county/community of residence.
- If your county/community does not require a license, you must get your dog licensed in the City of New Albany. City of New Albany dog license applications can be downloaded from the New Albany-Floyd County Animal Shelter website, or by clicking HERE.
- Please complete and print the New Albany Dog Park membership application found HERE.
- Please read the rules in place at the New Albany Dog Park HERE.
The cost for a membership is $15 for your first dog, $10 for your second and third dogs, and $5 for each dog after that. All funds from the sale of New Albany Dog Park memberships go towards the dog park's maintenance and improvements costs. Membership costs may be paid in cash or with a credit/debit card.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION DROP-OFF POINTS
**If you are a RETURNING member this year, please turn in your renewal forms to Silver Street Park, not the NAFC Animal Shelter. If you are a NEW member, you can turn in your application and documentation to Silver Street Park or the NAFC Animal Shelter.
New Albany Parks and Recreation
2043 Silver Street
New Albany, IN 47150
New Albany-Floyd County Animal Shelter
215 W. Market Street
New Albany, IN 47150
Saturday, 11am-2:30pm (Closed Sundays)